Friday, February 25, 2011

Land of a 1,000 Toilet Seats

On Wednesday my toilet seat decided it had enough of this world a committed hari kari...of course it waited until it was under the delicate tuchus of my friend.  So the next day I found myself, with above friend in tow, staring at a wall of toilet seats, really...who knew there would be so many choices, and do we really need that many choices!?  Prices at the Depot of Hominess was $6 to over $200!  What?...$200, is it me or does that seem crazy expensive?  It's not marble or gold, you can't plug an iPod into it, Elvis never sat here...so why!!!  We then spent some time trying to determine what one looks for in a toilet seat.  Did you all know they still have the cushion seats...wha?...I would have thought that by now there would have been some incident where a person's butt had been pinched, scrapped, and maimed by a cracked cushion seat.  *shudder*...seriously, if you've ever had your tender butt cheek trapped in the jagged plastic teeth of a cracked cushion seat you will understand my horror at their continued existence.  So not seeing any major discernible difference in toilet seats, outside of slow close lids (I was not aware that
slammed toilet lids was such a massive epidemic) and cushions of doom, I grabbed the "almost" cheapest seats and was on my way to DIY!

So what do you need to remove and install a toilet seat?  Easy...a screwdriver and about 5 minutes.  If you can screw in a light bulb you can change a toilet seat.  Just flip up the little covers that are over the screws, place your screwdriver in the notch (just to hold the large plastic screw in place) on top...reach your hand round the side of the toilet and "lefty loosey" and you'll have the screws out and the seat off in no time.  Now just reverse to put a toilet seat on.  Then sit back and relax on your new throne.

What was your easiest DIY project?  How do you choose a toilet seat?  Let me know by leaving a comment below!

Have a splendid day!

Coming Soon:  A new post on a great trick for rolling Victory rolls!


0 comments:

Post a Comment